The landmark pediatrics reference – now extensively updated in full color and more clinically relevant than ever.
Rudolph's Pediatrics has virtually defined the pediatric field for over a century, becoming one of the most important and well-respected pediatrics texts ever published. Renowned for its balance of clinical features and treatment of disease with underlying biological principles, this classic sourcebook has helped generations of pediatricians optimize their care of infants, children, and adolescents.
The 22nd edition of Rudolph's Pediatrics continues a long tradition of adapting its content to changes in our understanding of children's health and disease, providing an up-to-date, in-depth survey of pediatric medicine unmatched by any other text. With its algorithmic approach to pediatric systems, the book facilitates the diagnosis and treatment of both common and uncommon pediatric illnesses; and it reflects new technologies and advances in molecular medicine that continue to evolve with current thinking about normal childhood development and pediatric disease processes.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- New four-color design adds depth and clarity to the book's conte
- Over 900 full-color, high-quality images and illustrations
- A reorganized, reader-friendly format broken down into sections and chapters for easier navigation and refenrce
- New emphasis on the clinical management of the patient makes this the most practical edition to date
- New sections provide a timely overview of pediatric care fundamentals and an entirely revised discussion of health promotion and disease prevention
- Substantially revised sections cover key areas of pediatric study and practice, including infectious diseases, immunology, allergy, neoplastic disorders, the cardiovascular system, urinary complications, and more
- Greater use of tables and lists conveniently summarize need-to-know diagnostic and therapeutic informatin
- New DVD of additional content featuring over 1700 figures, 1100 tables, and 30000 references