Harper's Illustrated Biochemistry offers concise, up-to-date, and authoritative coverage of the principles of biochemistry and molecular biology as they relate to medicine.
- Revised for clarity, with new streamlined organization, new figures, and new online image collection
- Reflects major advances in biochemistry that are important to medicine
- Includes new chapters on amino acids and peptides, primary structure of proteins, and the Human Genome Project
- Presents new and expanded coverage of the mechanisms of action of enzymes, receptors involved in lipoprotein metabolism and reverse cholesterol transport, RNA synthesis, gene regulation, molecular mechanisms of hormone action, protein life cycle, and pharmacogenomics
- Provides clinical correlations and chapter summaries
- Features more than 500 clear, descriptive illustrations